I've got a few more green blocks for my Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
I've also managed to create border strips for the top and bottom of my African Stars flimsy. I wish I could get better pictures of my bigger tops and quilts for you. If you remember, I had this:
And now I have this:
It may be difficult to see the difference. All I did was to add 4" (finished) squares along the top and bottom to get the length I wanted for this quilt. Unfortunately you can't see the bottom at all.
Here's a close up shot of the top border:
I had to take out two patches before I could leave this project alone. One patch in the top and one in the bottom were too light. They stuck out visually like the proverbial sore thumb. It was worth the little bit of effort it took to correct that design flaw. Now all I have to do is come up with or create a backing for this top. It will be the second quilt to fulfill my commitment for the Hands2Help challenge. Whether it gets done by the deadline remains to be seen. ;- )
I'm linking up with the other RSC bloggers over at SoScrappy.