I managed to find some dark green remnants to cut up for 12" Ohio Stars this past week. After I'd cut the green patches I discovered that I really didn't want to pair most of them up with the white-on-white prints I've been using as background in my other star blocks. So I went hunting for scraps and remnants in other colors to use instead. This is what I made:
My, but those yellows are bold in the photograph! The blocks that look like they have white in them actually feature ivory toned prints. I found a few teal patches to use up too.
|Here, piggy piggy!|
I seem to be on a low contrast kick lately. Maybe because of the headaches. I pulled out the African print stars I'd sewn up a few weeks ago and finally made sashing strips to go between them. So this...
All it needs now is borders to make it a bit longer. At this stage it would finish 60" wide and 72" long. I like to make my comfort quilts 60" x 80" whenever I can so even a tall person can use them. This will be one of the quilts to fulfill my commitment for Hands2Help. This top needs to be finished so it can get to the quilter and back again before the June 12 deadline (which is not as far away as it used to be!).
You can see what everyone else is doing with their scraps this month by clicking over to the link party on SoScrappy's blog.