Over the holiday weekend I filled in the gaps in the lap quilt you saw in my last post.
This was a fun one to put together. I was able to incorporate old bits and pieces and come up with a very pleasing whole. :- )
To fill in those spaces in the top and bottom rows I created four of these skinny churn dash blocks:
They are four inches wide and six inches long. Even if I do say so myself, they're darn cute! This quilt was apparently meant to be because I found just enough of this old, old print to be the back. (Not old enough to be considered vintage but it's been in my stash for decades.)
And I have begun the quilting process already too!
In the meantime, I've pulled out another UFO with the intention of turning it into a lap quilt for one of the Alzheimer's Disease Co-operative Study participants.
This was the product of a challenge in my quilt group back in the day. As it stands now it measures 24" wide and 28" high. It became a UFO because I didn't need or have room for a piece of wall art that size and I didn't have a clue how to go about quilting it at the time.
If I were to do it now it would get beaded for sure. But I still don't have room for it in my home and I'd rather see it put to good use by someone else. All I have to do is figure out how to make it a bit bigger and then I can turn my son loose on it and let him practice his long arm skills. ;- )