Picking up the story from last week...
Once I had the seven columns of my text quilt in place I had to decide what to use for sashing strips between them. The first print I considered was the "Hellbucket" black on white.
I also had a black with quilt related words printed in a light silvery gray.
Neither one really made my heart sing. I looked deeper in my stash and was delighted to find this light blue that looks like the marbled end papers you find inside the covers of good books.
Then I had to decide whether to use the blue marble between the last columns and the outer border. In the end I went with the Hellbucket print as an inner frame.
It seemed like no time at all and the top was complete!
The very next day I made a back. This print has been in my stash for several years. I was never able to figure out how to put it to good use. Seemed like a good place to start a back for Reading Material. ;- )
The black word print worked perfectly to add length to the single yard of the comic book...
and the hearts seemed appropriate to get the width I needed.
Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to get this quilted. In the very beginning I planned to do it myself. Then I thought I might tie it. The ties could reference bookmarks. I haven't entirely ruled out having my long arm quilter do the job for me though. That would get me out of having to do the basting!