Someone recently asked me how small the scraps are that I save and use. These are probably some of the smallest triangles I've used:
Since I've been making the scrappy liberated log cabin blocks I'm learning how small is too small (for me personally; I'm not into making miniature blocks!). I've actually started tossing out the skinniest strips and tiny odd pieces.
Now, back to the quilt for our friend who is battling cancer. Here's a detail shot in which you can see the fabric I used for sashing the strips together.
Here's another look:
And the completed top:
I opted to use the sashing fabric as outer borders down the long vertical edges but not across the top or bottom. We're binding the quilt with the pink print you see in the diamond panel. I think that will provide all the border needed at the top and bottom. It came together pretty well even though we didn't consult with each other beyond vague discussions about color and techniques. :- )