Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New Fabric = New Project?

I'm tired this morning. Just so very tired. Slept well last night but the previous couple of nights were shorter than what is normal for me. I'm trying to take it all in stride but it's not easy. There are so many things I keep feeling I should be doing. At least I've finally learned that when the word 'should' crops up I need to pay attention. I've been working hard over the last several years to eliminate that word from my vocabulary. So I will not be pushing myself today.

My LQS had a sale on Saturday - the clearance department was overflowing again. Because it was only a one day sale I had to go in where I might otherwise have waited for a day with less traffic. Before I was overcome by the fumes I put together a decent pile of goodies.


There were some fat quarters for $1.50 each; I bought four. Two of them (on the left) are flannels.


Mostly I went in to look for potential backing fabrics. I discovered that it's hard for me to buy backing "on spec." I want my backs to coordinate with my fronts and if the front isn't made yet I don't know what to buy for the back! In spite of that I picked up these two prints that I thought would work with any of the tops I've been making from my scrappy blocks. I'm a long way from done with that scrap basket. ;- )



There were only two yards left of this tropical print. I took it all. Not quite sure what I'm going to do with it yet but these are the colors I want to be working with when it becomes permanently gray around here.

Maybe I could start using my 15 minutes of play to make blocks in these colors and reduce my scraps to leaders and enders for the time being...


4 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE that tropical print . . . gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Julie... that tropical fabric is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I missed the sale. Was it at Sewer's Dream or Calico Creations? I know Cinda is always having sales to get rid of her ever-growing sale section.

    Love the tropical print. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too - love the tropical fabric. Didn't Tonya do something with similar fabric a while back?

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.