Saturday, December 2, 2023

Just the Beginning

Last month I shared the palette I'd pulled for a new project.


 I made up a handful of blocks right away. The first was this Four Corners block (all of these blocks will finish at 12").


Then I tried it out in blues.


Next I pieced four quarters that can be arranged in a variety of configurations. Each variant has its' own name of course. I don't have the brain power at the moment to recall which is which. 


I know one design is called Crowns.


Another might be Lost Ships.


There's probably another name but it escapes me at the moment. 


Care to take a guess which arrangement I decided to go with? 


Ta daa:


I may still make up another version, perhaps in blues again. Or even more than one! 

The last block I made is a variation of Aunt Sukey's Choice.


I'm planning to do at least one more of this one also. It's fun to play around with color and value placements to see how different the block looks from one to another. 

There are no specific plans at this point for how many blocks to make or how they will be set or anything like that. For now I'm just going to have fun trying out block designs and/or making some of my more favorite blocks. Well, I say for now but in reality it will probably be the new year before I return to this particular project. 😊


1 comment:

  1. It will be fun watching it all come to life.. Merry Christmas! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.