Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Scrap Happy Day in February

If you want to see a truly scrappy project - a quilt in this case - check out my previous post. ๐Ÿ˜Š The project I'm sharing in this post has begun with scraps but will be supplemented with new fabrics before it's complete. 

I had a couple of panels left over from making this quilt:

 And there were still bits from my Macabre Medallion quilt from 2017 (whose end product photo I can't seem to find) in the stash. James made a request for a specific size quilt. While he's certainly capable of making a quilt on his own he's not inclined to do so. He enjoys enhancing images in quilts with quilting though. So I decided to see what I could do with the leftover panels and pieces. 

I began with two skeleton panels. Of course they weren't exactly the same size.

I framed them up to the width we're shooting for and brought them up to equal heights with strips of a lovely black on black print I had on hand. There were a few fussy cut patches from my MM quilt; I built them up log cabin style to extend the "shelf" in the middle of the upper row. If you double click on the photo you should be able to see that more clearly. It was a piece I received in a scrap bag. I evened that row out with more leftover strips from previous projects. 

And now it's time build the upper two-thirds of the quilt. I have these fussy cut pieces to work with and some other odd bits. Not enough to go the distance however.


 

So, I have purchased another large panel (on clearance - does that count as scrap? ๐Ÿ˜‰). This is the current proposed layout:

All I have to do now is frame up the fussy cuts and assemble the sections. While I'm doing that, you can check out how others are utilizing their scrap materials by clicking on the links below. Not everyone on the list is a quilt maker, you may be surprised by what you find. The link party is hosted by Kate and Gun on the 15th of every month. Participants live all around the world, which makes the journey even more interesting. If you'd like to participate just leave a comment with Kate or Gun. This month we're welcoming Karrin to the party! ๐Ÿ˜Š

KateGun, Eva, Lynda,
Birthe, Turid, Susan, Cathy,  Tracy, 
Jill, JanMoira, SandraChrisAlys,
ClaireJeanJon, DawnJuleGwen,
Sunny, Kjerstin, Sue LVera, Edith
NanetteAnn, Dawn 2, Carol,
Preeti, DebbieroseNรณilinViv and Karrin



4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I LOVE how this is developing. A wonderful Danse Macabre effect and a sophisticated colour palette. It's going to be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be one incredible quilt! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. funtastic, it's going to be unique and delightful. The colours are perfect.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.