Thursday, December 15, 2022

Scrap Happy in December

 On the 15th of each month we are invited by Kate in Australia and Gun in Sweden to share something we've made - or are working on - entirely out of scraps. I showed some of the scrappy quilt blocks I'd been making in my last post. I haven't done much sewing since then, for a variety of reasons. There were other scrap blocks that didn't make it into that post however, so I'll share them with you now. 😊

These stars will finish at 8 inches each. You may notice that the bottom row features stars utilizing a fraction of the 1" half-square triangles that I sewed into 2" Broken Dishes blocks some time ago. 

I also came across the parts for these blocks and decided to finally get them sewn up.

There's one Cake Stand and four Flower Baskets. They will finish at ten inches each. At the moment I have no specific plans for any of these blocks. Rest assured that they will eventually make an appearance in a Parts Department Quilt.

Regular participants in this blog hop span the globe. We each post in our own time zone on the 15th, although occasionally it may be the day before or after. Enjoy the journey!

KateGun, Eva, Lynda,
Birthe, Turid, Susan, Cathy,  Tracy, 
Jill, Jan, Moira, Sandra, Chris, Alys,
Claire, Jean, Jon, Dawn, Jule, Gwen,
Sunny, Kjerstin, Sue L, Vera,
Nanette, Ann, Dawn 2, Carol,
Preeti, Debbierose, Nóilin and Viv


2 comments:

  1. Love all of the parts blocks. No worries about responding, just get healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flower baskets, they're so formal and elegant, but totally scrap-friendly at the same time. I'd love to have the patience to make a whole quilt of these, but I fear my patience isn't up to it...

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.