Thursday, September 15, 2022

Scrap Happy in September

 How is it the middle of September already?! August seemed to last forever. Sort of like January does. 😉 In any case, it's time for Scrap Happy Day, hosted by Kate in Australia and Gun in Sweden. We are invited to share anything we've made from any type of scrap materials. And anyone can play. Just leave a comment with Kate or Gun if you'd like to participate in the future. (Links at the bottom of this post.)

My primary scrap material is fabric, leftover from making quilts. And once again I have dipped into my Parts Department, unearthing twelve 15" blocks I made at various times. It wouldn't appear that they could work together when you consider them singly. When I put them on the design wall, however, I quite liked the very scrappiness of the whole. I suspect a meander or an overall quilting pattern will help to pull everything together visually.

This is a photo of the blocks before they were sewn together. It doesn't appear that I've taken another picture yet. I sewed the blocks just as you see them here. The resultant flimsy would finish 45" wide by 60" long. Because there are quite a few novelty prints in amongst the patches I declared this would go to a child in foster care. It will be the sort of quilt to keep a child engaged I think. There will be no borders, only binding to finish it off. 😊

And here are the links to Kate and Gun and the other bloggers who regularly have something to share made out of scraps. We welcome Noilin and Viv to the group this month. Enjoy!

KateGun, Eva, Lynda,
Birthe, Turid, Susan, Cathy,  Tracy, 
Jill, Jan, Moira, Sandra, Chris, Alys,
Claire, Jean, Jon, Dawn, Jule, Gwen,
Sunny, Kjerstin, Sue L, Vera,
Nanette, Ann, Dawn 2, Carol,
Preeti, Debbierose, Nóilin and Viv



2 comments:

  1. I like the contrast between the plainer blocks and the ones with a lot of hectic colour. Too much of either wouldn't work, but like this, it just does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right that this is totally working all together on the wall. Looking wonderful to me. I'm digging into scraps to make a large table mat for autumn. It's such relaxing stitching. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.