Monday, January 4, 2021

The Official Beginning to a New Year

 New Year's Day is a holiday. Then we had a weekend. Now it's Monday the fourth and life actually returns to normal. A lot of people probably bemoan this event. I'm finding it helpful. Like most folks, Hubby has been working from home for months. But during the holiday season he seemed to be in my studio space a lot more than usual. I don't seem to work well with lots of interruptions. Now that he's back to work I'm able to get back to work as well. Or so I hope! 

I have another new laptop to get used to this year. Which means I have to log back in to all those accounts I'd been using previously. Which means I have to dig up all those passwords. Passwords are a necessary evil in this day and age but it's going to take some time for me to get back up to speed online. I also have piles of stuff that have accumulated on my ironing board and cutting table. It's all going to have to be rehomed somewhere. Wish I knew where! The boxes for my floss collection are here now, I just have to gird my loins to start transferring things from one place to another.

In the meantime, one of the first things I've done is to put in a single line of stitching on this little quilt.


I did the quilting on this one myself, on my Pfaff. But James spotted a line I'd missed after I'd changed the needle and everything on the machine and right before Christmas hit. So today I set it all back up again and put in that single line of stitching. Here's the back of the quilt where the stitching shows up better:


Naturally the missing line was one of the shorter ones in a corner. But it's done now. 😁

I've been stitching away on the 3 Flowers canvas in odd moments over the holidays. This is what it looks like now:

Very close to being done. There's one little leaf to stitch yet, a line of detail on a flower stem. and the petals of the blue flower. For the first time ever with a kit I've run out of the thread provided for the background (the lighter pink). Believe me, I didn't waste any. I think whoever kitted this unit up just miscounted. It's quite possible I have the right color in my stash so I'm not too worried about it. 

I've begun cutting sashing strips for that scrappy Barn Doors potential quilt I mentioned in my last post. Haven't had the energy to start auditioning blocks yet though. One step at a time as we move forward into this new year! 


3 comments:

  1. Love that little blue quilt - the backing is soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a good start to your new year! I hope things continue on track for you, and for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was ready to go back to “normal” too on Monday! I loved my two weeks off, but needed a real schedule again!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.