Sunday, April 28, 2019

Stitching Along in April

In this Stitch Along group we check in with each other every three weeks. Some months that means we have two check-ins, like this month. We also work on our own projects instead of everyone pursuing the same goal. I've sort of been all over the map this year. I started with one long term project. That turned out to be more of a bi-monthly thing so I've filled in with other needlework.

I have the second gingerbread house pattern in hand now (my long term project). Haven't yet traced it off however. Instead I started a new tea towel with this pattern set:


I won't be making the scalloped hem or adding lace as I've begun with a towel that's already hemmed. That's a bit frou-frou for my taste anyway. 😉


I've put one flower and butterfly in each of the lower corners of the towel.


I don't see much scope for playing around with fancy stitches but that's okay. This makes for easy, mindless stitching.

There's been a bit of progress on the foxes pillow cover too, although it may be difficult to tell. Let's see, this is where it was last time...



And this is what it looks like now:


Oh! more than I thought! Good for me. 😀I confess, after playing around with other stitches elsewhere I get tired of just backstitching all the time. There are times, however, when it's helpful not to have to have the brain engaged while stitching.

The others in this group are working on a variety of needlework projects. We also span the globe. To see what they've been up to lately click on their names below. If you'd like the accountability of a check-in every three weeks to help you get a project moving contact Avis.

Avis, Claire, Gun, Carole, Constanze, Debbierose, Christina, Kathy, 
Margaret, Cindy, Helen,Linda, Heidi, Jackie, Sunny, Hayley, Megan, 
Catherine, Deborah, Connie, Clare, Mary Margaret,Renee, Jenny, 
Carmela, Jocelyn, Sharon


12 comments:

  1. I'm all for a bit of mindless stitching now and again too. Love those foxes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Sue, I love those foxes and your new project looks really pretty too
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The foxes, my pick, they are so cute, and all good progress there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!Sorry if I could not comment on your work,leave you a greeting,in the past few weeks.Due to a violent storm,my internet connection has failed and in addition to damaging the computer has created damage to the central cabin of the network.I hope you will excuse me.I have see a really nice embroidery!I like it!
    Hugs,Carmela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back stitch and stem stitch can do wonders for the soul! These are both lovely, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love those foxes!
    claire93

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your towels are off to a lovely start and your pillowcase is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "This Little Piggy" is so cute...what a great job on that. You know I love embroidery and actually have one on the go too that I will show soon on the blog. I stick to basic stitches too with about 5 total in my repetoire. Did I ask before about that foxy design...I love it. Just relax and enjoy the process even a few stitches moves it all along. Happy Stitching now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty Sue! They are lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely progress! Mindless stitching has its place ;-), enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these embroideries -- and, speaking as someone who has just done a lot of mindless background tent stitch -- sometimes it's nice not having the think as you stitch!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.