Sunday, January 13, 2019

First SAL of 2019

I'm late to the party this time around. Kept meaning to write a post ahead of time but it never happened. Fortunately, I'm in one of the last time zones on the globe. That makes me right on time!

You may recall that I'd completed the set of embroidered blocks I was working on last year for this Stitch Along. I also completed the third piggy bank needlepoint case (did I show that to you?). Which left me with virtually a blank slate for the SAL in the new year. There's going to be a fourth piggy bank case but I've had to wait for floss to arrive before I can begin that. (We have four granddaughters; I'm making a case for each one of them.)


I have a couple of dish towels I've stamped for embroidery and started stitching but for the SAL I've decided to start one of the kits I picked up when they were on clearance. There's the Shy Fairy:


And the Winter Fairy:


As you can probably see, they were designed by the same person for DMC. The fabric and floss and even a needle are included. I've prepped the Winter Fairy as she's the most involved and might require the discipline of our tri-weekly check-ins to keep me on task. 😉Haven't yet threaded up the needle or taken any stitches though.

We have a couple of new participants in this SAL, in which everyone works on their own project. I haven't had a chance yet to have a look at their blogs but welcome to Renee and Jenny. I look forward to seeing what you and everyone else have been working on!

Avis, Claire, Gun, Carole, LucyAnn, Kate, Jess, Constanze, Debbierose, Christina,
Kathy, Margaret, Cindy, Helen, Steph, Linda, Heidi, Jackie, Sunny, Hayley, 
MeganCatherine, Deborah, Connie, Clare, Mary Margaret, Renee, Jenny


12 comments:

  1. A new project for the new year, and the winter fairy is a great way to start it! (even though I love the little piggies.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Winter Fairy. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little piggies are gorgeous! Your two kits look like a lot of fun too. They are very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these little fairies! They look so delicate and whimsical -- I bet you will stitch them up in no time. Happy new year to you, and hope you're having the same gorgeous weather today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're starting with the Winter Fairy, she's my favourite of the two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the warm welcome! I cannot wait to see how your Winter Fairy looks with our next SAL update!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the little piggies - but you need 5 to go to market!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute pigs!! Your new embroideries are looking so great! looking forward to see them finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems right to be stitching the winter fairy first at this time of year (in the northern hemisphere anyway). Well done on the piggy banks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. nothing like a new project to start the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Winter Fairy is so delicate, and reminds me of the name given to my Mum, she was tiny, and as her maiden name was Phairn, she was so often called Fairy . Love those winter thread colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the two fairies. They look like they'll be fun to stitch :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.