Here's where I left the panel:
It didn't take long to outline the arms and face. After that it seemed silly not to just go ahead and complete the picture!
I did little satin stitched eyes on the birds. I thought they would be French knots originally. The flowers all have French knot centers. I added the bit of shading on the bird's breasts.
Here's the panel after laundering:
I don't know whether you can detect much difference in the photos but it made a difference in real life. I've had several ideas about how to mount this or add patchwork around it. The thing is, it's already hemmed, with tiny stitches that would be a bear to try to take out. The hem is significantly thicker than the rest of the panel. I may just give it to my daughter to pin to a wall in one of the grands bedroom. It's the lazy way out, I know. Still, better to have it pinned to a wall than languishing while I dither about what else to do. ;- )
To see what the others in the group have been working on click on their names below. We are welcoming Steph this time around. If you'd like to join in contact Avis. Maybe the next time we check in, in another three weeks, I'll have returned to my crown needlepoint case. Or maybe not!
Claire, Gun, Carole, LucyAnn, Kate, Jess, Constanze, DebbieroseChristina, Susan, Kathy, Margaret, Cindy, Helen, and Steph.