Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Scrap Happy Day in September

 I've started another little textile book. For this one I've used a piece of denim from jeans my son discarded for the cover. It's about 8" wide like this and 4.5" tall. I expect the finished book to be about 3.75" x 4.5"


 The floral elements I've appliqued on what will be the front cover came from a linen doily that had also been discarded.


 I'm using strips of vintage grain sack for the page foundations.


 So far I have used more bits of grain and flour sacking to lay the groundwork for two signatures or what will ultimately be four pages. (Each of these signatures gets folded in half to create two pages.)

I purposely left a bit of the plain gran sack visible on this first signature. We'll see if it stays exposed!


 Nothing brand new will be used in the creation of this little book. Which is the premise for Scrap Happy Day after all. 😊 To see what others are doing with their scraps or recycled materials click on the links below.

Kjerstin, Eva, Lynda,
Birthe, Turid, Tracy, Jan,
Moira, Chris, Alys,
Claire, Jean, Dawn, Gwen,
Sunny, Sue L, Vera, Kate,
Ann, Dawn 2, Carol, Preeti,
VivAlissa, Tierney,
Hannah, Maggie and Wizzy 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. I like the look of the new little book. It's going to be a lovely thing - Jeans with lace and grain sacks - wonderful scrappiness!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.