Saturday, July 4, 2026

Independence Day 2026


 In honor of the 250th birthday of the United States of America I have put together this vintage 500 piece puzzle from Milton Bradley. I love the image. It wasn't as challenging a puzzle as one might expect at first glance. Or maybe my puzzling skills have improved since I've been doing jigsaws more frequently of late! 

I have posted a No Kings flag along with a pair of small-ish American flags for passers-by to view. Hubby and I will be watching the movie 1776 and then trying to sleep through the fireworks after dark. Pretty low key but that isn't a reflection of our gratitude for the founding of this nation, more a reflection of our ages. 😉

I will be back very soon as I have finished my Textile Tales book for June. I have a scrappy quilt top under construction too. See you then!

 

1 comment:

  1. And a happy fourth to you as well. Low key here - hot dogs for lunch and burgers for dinner, we'll enjoy the neighbor's fireworks as darkness arrives (there are several families who go big each year).

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.