Monday, October 30, 2023

Inspired by Halloween

I have finished a slow work in progress in time for Halloween and the Days of the Dead. I'm really pleased to have it finished and on display. It's hard to photograph because it's long and narrow, but here's the whole thing:


It's three inches wide and about 27 inches long (or tall). Here's a series of detail shots, working from the top to the bottom:


A spider charm and fly stitches above and feather stitching and some seed stitches below.


The skeleton is printed on ribbon. The cat is a charm, as is the ghost below.


I do enjoy feather stitching. And the fly stitches look like bats on the wing to me. 😁 


The undertaker print is from a Tim Holtz fabric.


There's a surprise hidden underneath that bit of wide lace. 😉


I went over the major lines of the spider web with 12 wt Sulky thread to give it a bit more definition. There's more seed stitching in the background. 


You can't really tell in the photograph, but I put a tiny roll of batting underneath the skeletal hand to make it stand out a bit from the surface. 


The poison print is another from a Tim Holtz fabric. Not sure which line the scorpion came from.

I have another slow stitch Halloween project in the works but it's far from finished at this point. Maybe next year! 🎃

3 comments:

  1. SO much detail - and even though I don't love the creepy side of Halloween, your wall quilt is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops - from Quiltdivajulie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats just amazing! I LOVE it! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.