I've been having issues with Blogger the past few days. You'd have been seeing these results sooner otherwise!
You've seen all of these quilts previously but they have now been bound and laundered and are ready to head out of The Nest. First up, a quilt begun for a Scrap Happy Day effort, Scrappy Strips:
This was quilted by James with a neon green thread in a meandering path. It finished at 58" x 76 inches.
Next up is the yellow and black quilt. It finished at roughly 60" square.
James quilted with a large, open scroll in yellow thread.
The third quilt also finished at just under 60" square.
This one gave James the opportunity to do some outline quilting in the panels. That made for a nice change of pace for him. 😊
|Can you even tell he outlined the birds on a branch?|
And the flimsy? It's the quilt I started for Scrap Happy Day this month. You may recall that I'd built seven rows from my Parts Department and just needed to sash them. That turned out to be a bit more challenging than I expected but I got there in the end.
I was determined to use more scraps for the sashing. There were plenty, it was just the math that threw me off at times. (I tried to calculate strip lengths ahead of time. Turns out that didn't work so well.) There are top and bottom borders too, so the finished quilt will be about 60 by 80 inches.
The completed quilts will eventually head to Europe to be distributed among refugees from Ukraine. The Parts Dept. Quilt will probably stay local, for a youth in foster care. ❤️
They are all just fabulous!! Hugs! debReplyDelete
I love the way these three came together - with your piecing/color magic and James' quilting, these are some wonderful quilts. QuiltdivajulieReplyDelete