Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Scrap Happy in November

 It has felt like I've been wrestling quilt tops and yardage for quilt backs for several weeks. I really prefer to work on smaller pieces, like individual blocks. And so I indulged in some scrap cutting and sewing.๐Ÿ˜

I tend to cut patches that finish at 2" whenever I come to the end of a strip. They typically become 6" Shoo-fly or Hole in the Barn Door blocks.

But I also cut 1.5" squares for postage stamp units, and they become the center of 8" Sawtooth Stars.

Some time ago, probably three years or more, I was making Ohio Star blocks regularly. That led to some patches that were cut but not used. I came across them the other day and decided to cut whatever was necessary to complete the blocks.

They will finish at 9" square. The Churn Dash block was another that only needed sewing up. It will be ten inches (upper left corner). All of these blocks will go into my overflowing Parts Department. I can barely get that drawer* closed anymore; something will have to be built out of that inventory soon!

I've tried out a new-to-me block for scrap sewing too. I'll save those for another post. In the meantime, here are the links for other bloggers who regularly participate in Scrap Happy Day, sharing projects they've made with used, recycled, upcycled, or leftover materials. We all post on the 15th of the month in our own time zones (all over the world). This link party has been organized by Kate in Australia and Gun in Sweden for you to enjoy and be inspired. ๐Ÿ˜Š

KateGun, Eva, Lynda,
Birthe, Turid, Susan, Cathy,  Tracy, 
Jill, Jan, Moira, Sandra, Chris, Alys,
Claire, Jean, Jon, Dawn, Jule, Gwen,
Sunny, Kjerstin, Sue L, Vera,
Nanette, Ann, Dawn 2, Carol,
Preeti, Debbierose, Nรณilin and Viv

*Full disclosure: I have more than just the one drawer filled with parts. There are also boxes... and baggies... and another drawer. ๐Ÿคญ 

3 comments:

  1. When I saw 'drawer' singular, I thought to myself "yeah, right, no way that's just one drawer! It just wouldn't be natural! Love those sawtooth stars with the postage stamp centres – my second favourite after the ships ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all have "more than" when it comes to those left overs.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.