It's been another of those stretches where every other day brings a new toxin into my world. I just about recover from one and something else upsets my system. Can't win for losing!
Right before I became incapacitated I decided to try to use up some red scraps and white and black scraps by making stars. My inspiration was Bonnie K. Hunter's Random Ohio Stars quilt.
It quickly became apparent that few of my scraps were actually big enough to make 12 inch blocks. But after making them the six inch versions felt awfully fiddly.
Very soon I was making Variable Stars in addition to the Ohio Star blocks.
I also branched out to blocks with black in them.
There have been a few more blocks and parts made for this project since the last photo was taken. I've spent an awful lot of time playing computer solitaire though. I ran out of mindless needlepoint to do and couldn't make my brain focus to read. On a happier note, I did manage to put sleeves on five of my recent quilts (son put sleeves on two more) so they can be displayed in a local quilt show next weekend. I had no idea I could pull together that many freshly minted quilts to show at one time!