Wednesday, February 11, 2015

African Stars

I heard some extra rustling in the scrap basket the other day. When I looked under the table all I saw was this:



A little while later, when the basket had been vacated, I felt around in the scraps and found this:


It seems Leah has found a handy place to stash her own treasures! What's a studio for after all? ;- )

And how in the world can this be comfortable?


It looked even less comfortable in the moments before I snapped this photo. She had rolled over by the time I grabbed the camera.

I've been pretty uncomfortable the last couple of days too, due to migraines. Under their influence I made these Ohio Stars out of more of the African prints in my stash. (You can see the first top I made in this post.)


My goal was to use the prints in a simple, familiar block but in a way that did not scream "traditional American quilt."

The next day I was feeling a bit better and recognized the need for at least a few blocks that would actually read as Ohio Stars.


I'm also thinking there may be a pieced sashing when I finally put these blocks together into a top. I want the blocks to be a little obscured but nor do I want to give anyone a headache when they look at the finished quilt!


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you gave the link for back in time. I love your little Leah and how she made a nest. My pugs do that. If there is even a scrap of fabric (or in a pinch, dirty laundry will do), they make a bed out of it. And your African Star blocks are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the combination! The dog bone is too funny!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.