|This will finish at about 64" wide and 80" high.|
I've even made a back for this top already. 😀 It's another holly print but in traditional green and red on black. Another print that's been in my stash for years. I did not think to take a picture of it.
The other quilt for Christmas is the one that began with this panel:
I added the candy cane stripe and the red print to the original panel. I decided this one was going to have a horizontal format. All the blocks I make will go on either side of this central panel. I had to establish the height I wanted so I would know how many blocks would be needed for each side. That took a couple of days to get sorted. In the end I found a large-ish scale print that just made me smile when I held it up to the bottom of the panel.
|Puppies in presents!|
So now this center section looks like this:
I have these stars so far:
I'm trying to use up my old yuletide prints (and a few new purchases). Turning some of the yardage into Swiss cheese by fussy cutting makes it easier to cut what's left over into scrap patches. 😉 I need a few more stars, and then I think I'm going to choose another block to fill out the width I'm shooting for. They will continue the red on white color scheme though.