Sunday, April 23, 2017

Another April SAL

Our Stitch Along schedule has given us two check-in opportunities this month! It seems I'm done with embroidery for the time being. My handwork of choice lately has been needlepoint.

I showed you the beginning of this coin purse earlier in the  month.


I've made quite a bit of progress since then!


The idea was to use up the leftover floss from previous Stitch and Zip kits. Somewhere around here there's a sizable knot of black floss that I thought I'd use for this project. Do you think I can find it? Of course not. It's not in my embroidery basket or the tote with my stash of other embroidery threads. It doesn't seem to be in any of the logical places I would expect to find it in. I think I'm reduced to looking in the illogical places. I've made a start on the background anyway but the floss I began with was substandard. I had to go back over my stitches to get better coverage of the white canvas and even then it's peeking through more than I'd like. I hope I can unearth that knot of floss pretty soon so the rest of the background area will be more fun to stitch!

I also succumbed to the enticement of a new project, another coin or card case. Who could resist this face?


I'm not a fan of gray so I'm toying with the idea of a purple in the gray areas of the background.


I think it'll work just as well with the turquoise, aqua, and lime green as the gray - maybe better!

There's quite a group of us in this stitch along now, from Europe to Australia. You can see the wonderful array of work by clicking on their names below. I have a hard time, sometimes, getting around to see them all but I assure you it's worth the effort!


12 comments:

  1. You best stop looking for your thread. Experience has taught me that I find nothing when I am looking for it, but it turns up quickly enough when I am not lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that blue fox is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are so pretty. That fox is irresistible and I can quite see why you succumbed to his charms :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had the same problem, but with zipperbags :) I have looked all over the place and I can´t find them! Your new embroidery looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Stichingranny. Stop looking and it'll turn up. Love that fox!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that fox! He is definitely up to something! Hope you find that rogue floss soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the blue fox! He put a smile on my face. I can see why you couldn't resist him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad it's not just me that's losing things :-) The fox is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that blue fox. He has such a pretty face :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the fox. You're right. Who could resist that face.

    Hope the wayward floss shows up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue did you make the coin purses yourself or are they premade? I would love to stitch a coin purse. I love the fox. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very fun coin purses. The bright colored hearts on the black are my favorite. But the clever looking fox is very fun. Hope you find your black floss.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.