Sunday, February 19, 2017

SAL in February

Since I've been sharing my embroidery and linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching on Kathie's blog I was afraid I wouldn't have much to share to day. For those who haven't been here since the last SAL I finished up the two needlepoint cases I've been working on.


You've seen the crown in stages. I used an iridescent floss within the crown to represent diamonds. I think the heat from blocking the finished case with steam may have taken the shine out of it however.

I'm not sure you've seen this second case, at least not as frequently. I acquired the two kits at the same time, and both of them needed tweaking, in my opinion, in terms of design and colors.


I found it difficult to see the tulip clearly in the original version of this design so I simplified the  color application significantly. These cases are now in the hands of their new owners (or the postal service; I haven't heard that they've been received yet).

After the completion of these two small cases (they're each about 4.5" x 3.5") I was at something of a loss as to what to tackle next. That's when I decided to add more puppies to the dish towel I've been embroidering.


Well actually, I added the puppies after placing a couple of orders online for new embroidery projects. ;- ) I couldn't find a needlepoint design I was willing to tackle but I did find this pre-finished pillow cover to embroider, from Sublime Stitching.


It came with packets of floss in various shades but without clear instructions as to which color goes where. There were more skeins of floss than the pattern requires. Not a big deal really, I just haven't taken the time to decide which colors to use where. It will be a happy project to work on though.

The other embroidery project I ordered came from Estelle in France, via Etsy.


I was looking for another image entirely to be part of a wedding quilt for our newly-engaged niece. So far that remains a complete fail. But when I saw this I fell in love with it! Even if I don't use it in the wedding quilt I will enjoy stitching it and having it in our own  home. :- )

This post is part of a world-wide group of stitchers who update us on their progress every three weeks. Our next post will be on 12 March. I invite you to take a world tour to see some amazing needlework!


6 comments:

  1. Well done on the finishes :-) I'm looking forward to seeing which one you choose for the SAL next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done on your zipper pouches, and I do like that fox panel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of using an iridescent thread for the crown! Two good finishes there! The fox panel is very sweet, and at least you can use your imagination a bit if they haven't been specific about the colours. And the Estelle panel is adorable, even if you don't end up integrating it into the quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the finishes. The puppies are cute and the new embroidery looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pouches look great! Doing a happy dance for them :) The embroidery from France is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, this is the image you were telling me about finding on Etsy. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.