Thursday, May 5, 2016

Stalled

Early Sunday morning a blaze broke out in a commercial building over the river to the west of us. It spread to the furniture store next door and had an impact on another nearby business. The resultant air quality has had the expected negative effect on my system. My misery is minuscule compared to the losses suffered by these local independent businesses. Nevertheless, not much has been accomplished since then. 

I managed to rearrange the blocks I'd made for the sashing of my F2F quilt and get them sewn into strips.


I just haven't been able to find the energy to set the sashing between the four-block units yet.

I also made a card for a friend of mine dealing with bone cancer.


I purchased the bluebird applique some time ago from Flights of Fancy. The acrylic flower beads may have come from them too. The rest of it is wool felt and a bit of cotton floss embroidery. Not my best work but it's the thought that counts right? :- )



5 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you for reaching out in your own misery to offer comfort to a suffering friend. It's a lovely card. F2F will still be here when you're well again, and I see you have managed some progress there despite feeling bad. Thinking about you, wishing you well again, just glad you're not near enough Fort McMurray over the border to get the fallout from that too. Those poor, poor people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fire must have been terrible for everyone! i hope that you are feeling better now, as I know how things like this knock you about. It is a very sweet treasure you have made for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It absolutely is the thought and effort that count - hope your system clears soon so you have some relief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE card for your friend. I like the way the border is looking. Take your time and don't stress on top of the other issues with all the smoke in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you start to feel better soon Sue. Your strips for sashing look amazing - they make the plain ones I'm doing look really boring.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.