Saturday, June 20, 2015

Still Blue

This is my design wall on this Scrappy Saturday:


You can see I'm still using up some light blue prints, which surprises me because there were so few in my stash. A little goes a long way in this case! I also found some purple and green scraps to sew into Ohio Star blocks.

I begged a few unused boxes from my local pizza shop in which to store the 12" stars. These boxes are for large pizzas (14") so they're perfect for the job.


They were kind enough not to charge me for them. :- )

You may have noticed that there are several 9" stars on the wall now too. I think my favorite moment in making these blocks comes when I press the upper third of the block away from the middle row.



It's magical, seeing those triangles suddenly become star points!

I made a couple more baskets this week as well. Couldn't resist using that basketweave print to make the whole basket.


I'll be linking up with the other RSC bloggers. If you haven't been around to see what they're making you're missing out on some wonderful blocks and quilts!

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful blocks. And what a great idea to use pizza boxes to store your blocks in. Never ever thought of that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made so many light blue blocks - they're great. I love the little basket block; it'll go well with the ones you showed last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pizza box idea is genius! Storing large blocks flat is always a problem, and this is a perfect solution. Love your basket of flowers, too, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little basket! Hurray for Little Ceasar's for giving you those boxes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blue stars are turning out very nicely. If I ever make 12inch blocks I will remember the pizza boxes. I so love the blue basket with the flowers in it, like spring. Unfortunately summer is almost upon us, and my WA friend told me the Skagit River is the lowest in memory so early. I remember all the floods, so will pray that you manage to conserve. For sure, don't sell any water to CA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love a basket block. And those look like pansies...another of my loves! It's so fun that you try to use fabrics that look like baskets and then put something in them. I did that on one of my basket block quilts and had so much fun picking fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too love watching the magic happen as a scrappy block is revealed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to have to ask for a pizza box, too. That's a GREAT storage solution!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely blocks. You've been busy. How kind to give you the boxes free of charge. They are perfect for organizing you finished blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blocks. The pizza boxes are a most excellent idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great blocks! I love storing my blocks in boxes, too. keeps them nice and flat...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pizza boxes to store your blocks sounds like a perfect solution. You must have quite a collection by now to keep track of. The light blues make a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice bunch of scrappy blocks for someone who doesn't have many blue scraps! Good storage idea for the 12" blocks. It wouldn't take up much room.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great way to keep your blocks flat and tidy. The pansy fabric in your basket block is also in my stash, I don't have a huge piece left so I am very mean with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good "begging" on those pizza boxes - definitely less costly than the clear plastic bins ($4.99 and up) at the craft store.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.