Sunday, March 23, 2014

From Where I Sit

This was the view from my chair in the studio today:


I brought a bunch of daffodils into the studio early last week and my Dear Husband brought the tulips to me yesterday. {happy sigh} Lovely.

I had the anniversary/tea towel challenge quilt out today to put some more beads in while DH was at church. I'm just filling the red areas with red seed beads at this point. I still don't know what I'm going to do with those hearts, if anything. I have decided that I'm willing to give him an unfinished quilt however. After all, I'm still waiting for the quilt rack I was promised from his hands a year ago last Christmas!



I made these four Scrappy Trip blocks for my Grandma's Crayon Box quilt this week:



This was the first block I made out of my yellows.


It didn't work for me for this project so it will go into the Parts Dept. for later use. I've also made some six inch blocks for the Parts Dept. out of scrap patches.


I've been wanting to give the Contrary Wife block a try. Here it is, on the top row, in six inch blocks out of scraps. I'm going to have to make more to really get a handle on how best to use the values in that pattern.



I also cut some larger patches and made 9" stars:


There are two Ohio Stars in the set and four Twin Stars. One of the Twin Stars was made out of my flying pig print from years ago:


I don't think this will go into my When Pigs Fly challenge quilt but it was fun to play with the print in a single block.

Let's see, what else? Oh, there's a friendship block for a guild member at the very top of my design wall.


The pattern I had was for the 6" flower. The friendship request was for a 9" block so I created a bud and added a strip of background at the top (which I seem to have cut off in the photograph!) and the additional foliage at the bottom.

All in all it was a pretty productive week!

2 comments:

  1. So many good things on your design wall (and those flowers are wonderful!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you get very acquainted with a block by working it in many fabrics. It's fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.